I completed the first bikini set from Papercut Soma swimsuit pattern. As you might remember I was working on bikini Variation 2. You can read about the preparations here. I made my muslin size XS which came out as a good fit. However, when I finished the bikini pants and tried them on, they were a bit too tight. I guess I could have worn it that way but I like the fit of my clothes a bit loose to be able to move easily. So I decided to try size S. I like it better and the bikini bottom feels more comfortable. I had already cut the pieces for the top so I did not change its size.
One thing I changed in the pattern was adding cups. I usually don’t feel comfortable wearing bikini tops without cups which give extra support. For this, I sew the bikini top as instructed but added an extra layer of lining. The lining was attached to the bikini at the edges but I left one edge open to be able to insert the cups. It actually worked pretty well.
Overall, I am happy with the result. The bikini is really comfortable. One thing that I might change is the bottom, the sides are a bit thick for my taste. I might make them thinner in the next set. Compared to the first surf bikini that I made, the construction of the bikini is simpler and easier to sew. I think that the instructions were pretty clear.